Thursday 16 June 2011

Topia: Age of Creation

I've been working on this for a while now and the engine behind it for rather longer. Since WWDC information is starting to trickle out such as this very early hands on Video on Touch Arcade so I'm going to start blogging about it here.
  • It's not going to be an RTS.
  • The engine is completely dynamic, the landscape can and does change in realtime.
  • The world isn't really a sphere, it's using the maths behind one of coolest, simplest tricks I ever saw in a game (Populous the beginning) by Alan Wright, ex of Bullfrog, now at Lionhead to fake a very convincing sphere which is then almost as simple to work with as a flat surface.
  • Another primary goal is to get more stuff moving around at the same time than anyone has seen on a handheld device. I'll almost certainly go into this in another blog post when I can get some time off working on actually programming to make it happen.
Gameplay is still at the experimental stages and is still in a state of constant flux as Josh Presseisen from Crescent Moon Games and I continue thrash it out over IM.



No comments:

Post a Comment